
Bible Island Beach Blast! What a blast it has been for us. It was my baby girl's very FIRST VBS where she didn't have to be checked into the baby/infant/toddler "inside group!" She was part of a real class this year and she's so excited.
My boy knows EVERY song and sing them continually. He's made a few new friends and has really seemd to "get it."
I've been so blessed. This year I am the Lifeguard to 8 3rd graders, 4 boys and 4 girls and one amazing 12 yr old helper! Each little person has been so different, each personality so unique and special. I had 2 little girls holding on to my arm during a study and said they just loved smelling me. Then, I had my smallest guy BOLDLY recite Ps. 106 to our group, what an inspiration to me. Today, I had them competing for who would read from our bible group, that was fun to witness! Then, I have my Dancin' King - this boy needs SPACE to move and grove to Jesus Worship Music - he even makes me dance!
Both my kids have been eager to rise early so that we can leave our home by 7:15 - they have been blessed and continue to look forward to the next few days.
Every day one child our of 600 gets picked to help the Director pull the treasure search and search for the daily Coin/Treasure that reveals our scripture...my sweet boy has been praying every night that God pick him...today his new friend was picked. Such heartbreak, but a lesson of life for sure.
Yesterday was Hawaiian Day...today was Crazy Hair Day...tomorrow we get to get soaked in a massive SUPER slide for recreation...oh boy! Friday will end with a performance for the families along with a Luau celebration party!



My baby had to get her picture with a few of the "Dancing/Performing" group that does the worship!



Here's the Treasure Chest "we're praying about!" I figured at least I could sneak a picture before we left in case he's not picked, at least he can say he pulled it, right?
1 comment:
VBS is such a special week! That one looked "top notch"!! Loved the blue hair and hula skirts!
Post a Comment